2014年7月29日

Inspiration series- Day 2 - EGA Mana 様

So today, to have a total of 6 days worth of outfits, I had to make a double. 
So I went and did an outfit that isn't strictly lolita, but that was always close to its roots
and that has gone famous because of Mana. 



So one reason why I really liked Mana style to start with, was the way he played
on the limits of socially acceptable gender associations of make-up and clothes.
I can't deny I was one of many to think Mana was a woman at first glance, 
to later find out it was just a result of amazing make-up tricks and artistry, and a very interesting 
and inspiring character. 

So today I dressed up in the slightly more masculine, less cute and more elegant
style Mana is known for with Moi-même-moitié ; EGA style. 
I always admired Mana's way of wearing a very similar make-up in both EGA and
EGL pictures, and somehow still looking more female, or more male, even though
he's wearing long eyelashes and lipstick. 
That for me just says it right there. 
Make-up doesn't define your gender at all. 

So here we go ! 
I went for a very simple style, that I think could be wearable every day ! 


Blouse, Gilet and shoes are {Moi-même-moitié}

Finally my weird hair cut trying to channel Mana's layered haircut came handy today, as
I think it really looked nice in the end !

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, you probably have heard news of the dear signer of Moi dix mois
having to get an emergency operation for appendicitis yesterday.

Seth and Mana both tweeted about it, and Mana also
posted on his blog earlier today about the events.
He stated that sadly, since the {K Memorial Live} planned for saturday is so close
and that Seth needs recovery time after his operation, that they will have to 
postpone the live to September 15th. 
Hopefully, everyone will be ready, in health, and rested for this well due live. 

I'd encourage people to go tweet encouraging words to Seth on his twitter
or to send him messages through the Moi dix mois website. As well as
send support to Mana.

It has been difficult times in the past few months for most of them, 
after having to deal with grief, and I hope they all take time for themselves
and come back strong. 

DIX LOVE ! 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿