2015年2月15日

Valentine's Day Lolita Meet-up

Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, me and a friend organized a small meet-up for our community, to enjoy Valentine's day together and to have excuses to go all out on themed outfits !





We could gather 12 of us, and we decided to go to Juliette & Chocolat, a local restaurant that offers chocolate specialities like a hot chocolate bar, and a large variety of chocolate themed meals as well.


I decided to go against my wardrobe theme and life usual colors and went with a black and red outfit for the event. 


I hand modified a Moi-même-moitié headdress by adding red feathers to it, to fit the theme. I was also wearing the beautiful Jewel Cross pendant in red gems color variation, and even went out of my way to make a Valentine Scepter ! I ended up not carrying it out to the restaurant though, as it made me too shy..... 



And so I left in the -20°C weather to go to the restaurant. I was in charge of going there early so I could see if we could get some seats for our group, as this restaurant is usually busy on Valentine's Day. My friend was waiting for our guests at the closest subway station so we did a great team work ! I'm glad 12 of us showed up even though it was very cold yesterday. We had a great time ! 


Everything sounds really yummy on their menu ! But since I usually always get some chocolate things as dessert when I go out, I decided to choose something I don't get often, a caramelised bananas and caramel pralines waffle. It was very good, and just big enough ! I also chose to treat myself with their Valentine special drink, but I can't remember what was inside ! There was rhum, and strawberry coulis inside, and it tasted a bit like tapioca pudding. 

 

All the ladies were looking good ! I'm glad, mostly everyone went with a Valentine theme / pink or red items ! It was nice to see everyone did their best. 




We all had a nice meal, and I'm glad I could meet with these girls ! They aren't my "usual crew" but it was fun. I've grown up from that phase when I would freeze into this cold non approachable person in groups of people I don't know, but I'm done trying to look cool. It's so easier to just be yourself and relax. It still takes me a little effort but I'm getting the hang of it. 

After our lunch we split up as some of us had to go home, and we went to meet with another girl in Chinatown (one of us had to go get something from her). We ended up visiting the korean cosmetics store, as they are fan of their products. I had never been there, and I'm not too knowledgeable about their products, so I just looked around. Everything was also a little too kawaii for my taste.... But I wandered around and found something that I might just love ! 

Angel Tears 

I love everything angel themed. I was trying to avoid buying pink items (they also had pink Angel Tears packaging) but they had this nice one. (I think the product was mostly the same). It's a toner, so I was curious to try it, as I never used toner and wanted to know if I could introduce this into my skin care routine. My usual skin care routine is limited to make-up remover + washing my face = done, so maybe it could make my skin softer and nicer after all. It was also 2 for 1, so I got two bottles, hehe. They had other products with Angel themed packaging as well, but since I am limited on my money I had to pass. I might go back sometime to get them ! (It was a hair mask with a cute angel on it, and a spray hair product that makes your hair shiny) 

So after this day I got quite tired ! I came home and was also impatient to get back into my pyjamas.... ahaha. I spent the evening relaxing at home with a pizza and some drink for myself. Overall I'm glad of how our meet-up turned out ! It was fun, thank you ladies ! 

Dahlia



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿