2015年5月25日

Moi-même-moitie May 2015


Every season, consistently, Moi-même-moitié comes up with new items that are featured in the quarterly volume of the Gothic&Lolita Bible, modeled by Mana. I always await the scans to show up online with impatience because even though I don't buy as much Moitie as I used to, I'm always a big fan of Mana's pictures and curious about the collections. This season has greatly surprised me, as far as styling goes ! I'm really glad of the turn back Mana did with the dark hair and black lipstick look which brings back a more old-school gothic lolita look, which was what brought me into the style years ago. Look at this month's issue ! 


I will not go on with my fangirl emotions and annoy you all, but I will just tell you to expand these pictures to see them well because, girl, let me tell you, it's worth it. 

I must admit that while I adore the overall look of both the EGA and EGL looks, I'm not a fan of the print. It does look alright on the EGA long tunic, but I still think it lacks details, and could have been a little brighter. The design itself also doesn't specifically appeal to me. It is not because of the imagery of an upside-down cross, as this doesn't bother me, the print itself is just not that interesting in my opinion. Let's look at the items ! 


This is the print. They call it "Fall cross". It is basically a faded down print of Jesus on an upside down cross, with a pair of daggers/swords crossing in the back, with what I think are rose petals flying around. It is also not an all around print, just is just placed at different places on the designs for a different effect. 



These are the three designs offered for EGL style. A shorter knee lenght JSK, a long version, and a corseted skirt. All models only come in the specific color shown in the pictures, with a grey print. What I am sad about.... Is the print. I think the JSK design is nice and interesting, versatile, I like how it's asymetrical and not too "cute" as this is what I'm into right now. I like the lacing and the medium volume of the bottom of the JSK. I wish they had made the skirt with only the material part just like the JSK instead of adding the lace, but considering the Cutsew with the lace bust, it does makes sense. 

 

And these are the two EGA designs, a top and a tunic. I must admit I LOVE the tunic one. If it wasn't for the fact that it wouldn't flatter my round assets and shape, I would have totally spent the money for this piece because I think it looks so nice. The big big collar is also a nice point that I like about the design. The other top is simpler and has a choker attached to it. Both the designs are kind of a re-take of the previous design with the Altar print that was out one or two years ago ? So if I had the choice, I would definitely go with the previous version as I like the print better, even tho I do love the present tunic look a lot more. and then they also had a cutsew, the one Mana is wearing in his EGL picture, and the cute headdress with the upside down cross as well ! 


I do like the headdress a lot, but I have this soft spot for their always perfectly constructed headgear with amazing lace and beautiful flowers and materials so I regret of not owning all of their headdresses in all colors. This headdress is available in all black, black and white, black and blue and all white ! All Moitie colors, of course :) And as of now, only the black/blue and completely blue cutsews are on their website, but I suppose they will also have the black and white one, since Mana has modeled it in the GLB, and maybe a completely black one ? I LOVE the blue one, but I cannot justify buying it for right now. But it's totally gorgeous, it's so rare to have blue tops like that in lolita, I strongly suggest you all to buy it ! 

I will not be buying from this collection as of right now, but as soon as I saw Mana's pictures I immediately put on my dark blue lipstick and fake eyelashes to go to work that day ! I got really excited and inspired <3 I'm so glad Mana did let go of the red or blonde hair for this time, ahahah I was getting bored of it ! I hope he keeps on this gothy way for a while now  ~ hehe 

Anyways, how do you like the new items ? Will you be getting anything ? How do you like Mana's new-old (?) style ? 

As for me, in two weeks, on June 13th will be my community's International Lolita Day event and tea party so I'm excited about this ! I hope my outfit will turn out alright and that it won't be too hot and sunny ! I'll also be dressing my friend up for the occasion, and I love doing this, it's such a nice girls experience. So stay tuned for that in a while ! 

Dahlia
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿